While dicing an onion, she melts 1/2 a stick of butter. Once sautéed, the onions emit a sweet and pungent smell. A cup of chicken broth is added to the pan, as well as a can of diced tomatoes. The smell hits the roof of my mouth, kind of towards the back, and I stand up to get a better look. She pours a 1/2 cup of red wine, the cheap stuff, and waits for the alcohol to burn off. The sauce is a pool of blood, until she slowly drizzles in a 1/2 cup of cream. Maroon fades to a fleshy pink. She dips a spoon into the sauce and hands it to me for tasting. Tangy and creamy, it is a tribute to simply good food.
This website is a collection of stories, ideas, resources and lessons from Erin's classrooms.
- Teaching Blogging to 3rd Graders: How to Write Quality Comments teachingmahollitz.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/tea… 9 months ago
- Summative Assessment: A Light and Sound Exhibit teachingmahollitz.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/lig… #inquirybasedlearning #education #assessment #classroom 9 months ago
- Readers Workshop: Using Schema to Make Connections teachingmahollitz.wordpress.com/2011/01/15/usi… 9 months ago
- RT @AltNatParkSer: Can't wait for President Trump to call us FAKE NEWS. You can take our official twitter, but you'll never take our free… 1 year ago
- Coding for K-5 training with @TeachCode @cutenose76 #CSforAll https://t.co/K0jQC8dem9 1 year ago