This website is a collection of stories, ideas, resources and lessons from Erin's classrooms.
Movies That Invite Wonder
- Multiplication and Division Thinking pinterest.com/pin/1544594621… 2 weeks ago
- I Want PD. I Need Time and Choice wp.me/ps25n-mQ 2 weeks ago
- I just saved Interactive Videos - LearnM... to @Springpad: sprng.me/if0gk 2 weeks ago
- I just saved Wonderville to @Springpad: sprng.me/hu0cg 3 weeks ago
- Via @MindShiftKQED: How to Foster Collaboration and Team Spirit | blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2013… 4 weeks ago
The Magical Minds have been investigating systems. First we looked in our classroom and found scales, an old drill, books and computers. We know they are systems because they have multiple parts that make the whole work. Here are some systems we have found around school:
A stereo has buttons, a cord, a handle, speakers and more.
A printers has paper, buttons, a tray, a paper feed, a display…
A Rube Goldberg machine has many different parts that make up the whole.
Tonight’s homework is to look around the house, store, etc… for systems. The Magical Minds have a reflection sheet to help guide their thinking.